Happy Tuesday guys! Hope your having a good week so far. I wanted to take a few minutes and share with you 5 of my favorite pantry items.
1. Black Beans - I really love canned black beans. You can add black beans to scrambled eggs, burritos, tacos, salads or make yummy black bean burgers. Black beans are high in protein if your needing that extra boost of energy. I always have a can or two in my pantry for a quick side or addition to any meal.
2. Canned Whole Kernel Corn - Seriously I love, love corn! Its funny but my dad likes to tease me about how I put corn in everything. Well its true. I use corn as a side (its so good sauteed with some onions), in a black bean salad or in my favorite dish growing up, a nice bowl of rice and corn with butter, salt and pepper. You can also make it Mexican style (Elote) and add mayo, grated parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper. its so good!
3. Corn Salsa - Yes! another corn dish but seriously this corn salsa is amazing. I like to put in my burritos for a nice tangy taste or serve it in a bowl as a dip!
4. Double Roasted Salsa - This salsa is my absolute favorite. My husband likes to add this salsa to scrambled eggs it gives our breakfast an extra kick. This salsa also goes well in burritos, tacos, add it to your meat and let it simmer down and of course its yummy with tortillas chips!
5. Minced Garlic - Minced garlic of course doesn't stay in the pantry but in the refrigerator. I use minced garlic for most of my dishes. I saute it with onions and add my meat to it. If you want to be fancy you can add minced garlic to soft room temperature butter and viola! you have garlic butter for your bread, toast or sandwiches. Minced garlic can also be added to olive oil and poured over a salad with a squeeze of lemon.
If you have any staples in your pantry or refrigerator that you love, comment or share it with me. If you have no idea what to do with certain pantry items and need some ideas, feel free to email email@example.com and Ill be glad to help.
Use #itstasty on instagram to share ideas, photos, or if you have any questions.